Nampa Worker's Compensation Attorney

Workers’ Compensation across the nation is governed by the individual states, therefore can vary significantly from state to state. In the state of Idaho, private employers as well as public employers are required to provide workers’ compensation insurance to employees. This is true for all Idaho businesses with one or more full-time or part-time employees unless the worker is exempted under Idaho Code.  Those workers who are exempted include:

  • Any employee covered under Federal WC laws
  • Sole proprietors
  • Household domestic workers
  • Working members of an LLC or Partnership
  • Corporate owners who own at least 10 percent of the company’s stock
  • Volunteer ski patrollers
  • Real estate brokers who are paid solely through commission
  • Crop dusting pilots
  • Family members of a sole proprietor who do not reside with the proprietor
  • Outworker employees (Individuals who work on materials at a location which is not under the employer’s control)
  • “Casual” employees—those who work only occasionally or at regular times and in a capacity which is not related to the “normal” business of the company
  • Secondary school athletic contest officials

Filing an Idaho Workers’ Compensation Claim

If you are injured on the job, you should immediately report the accident as well as any potential job-related disease or illness to your employer. To ensure your rights are thoroughly protected, you should even report minor injuries or illnesses, because you never really know when a “minor” illness or injury can grow into something much more serious. Further, should you wait longer than 60 days to report your illness or injury, you could be denied workers’ compensation benefits. When you report your workplace injury or illness, your Idaho employer will provide you with the necessary paperwork.

What Benefits are Available Through Workers’ Compensation?

If you have been injured at your Idaho workplace, you could be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits which can include the following:

  • Medical treatment, including treatment at the ER, treatment from your physician and follow-up rehabilitative therapy treatment. Except for emergency care, your employer may designate what physicians you will see.
  • Temporary total disability payments for lost wages during the time you cannot return to work due to your injury or illness and are receiving medical treatment related to the workplace injury or illness.  Typically, you will receive approximately 67 percent of your average weekly wage, with a maximum of $677.70.
  • Temporary partial disability if you are able to return to work on a limited basis, performing light duty work. If you are not making your regular salary, you could receive TPD benefits from workers’ compensation which are about two-thirds of the difference in your earnings.
  • Permanent disability benefits if your workplace injury or illness was so severe you are unable to return to work.

If you have been injured at your place of employment or have an illness directly related to conditions at your place of employment, you could be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. It can be beneficial to speak to an Idaho workers’ compensation attorney to ensure your rights are fully protected.

An Experienced Idaho Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help

If you or someone you love has been injured on the job in Nampa, Idaho, you need an experienced and skilled Nampa workers’ compensation lawyer on your side. Your attorney can help you obtain the benefits to which you are entitled. If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, we can help you appeal this denial and obtain the money you need. Don’t delay, call Nampa Attorney Joe Frick today for a free consultation and review of your case. He will fight aggressively for you and your future. Call today!



Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.